If you are looking to migrate your existing users to your Subscribe-O-Matic group, we offer a one-time import of your existing members from your existing in-world group or other similar service.
Before contacting us to migrate your existing members, please check that you meet these conditions:
- Due to large amount of migration requests we currently only process migrations for groups with more than 100 members.
- For inworld groups, you need to be the group founder or have the group founder contact MSo Lambert via inworld IM stating they agree with the transfer.
- In order to import members from other similar services, you will need to provide us with a list either avatar names, avatar keys or both inside a plain text file.
Migrating an in-world group
- Open a support ticket and provide us with the following information: your avatar name, name of your Subscribe-O-Matic group, name of your in-world group.
- Invite the avatar named "Subscribeomatic" into your in-world group.
- When we let you know the import has been done, we recommend you send a notice to your in-world group informing them of the transfer, and letting them know they can leave the group (or your subscribeomatic group) so they won't receive your same updates twice.
- If you also plan on eventually discontinuing your in-world group it's recommended you disable the "Anyone can join" option.
Migrating users from similar services or products
Open a support ticket and provide us with the following information: your avatar name and the name of your Subscribe-O-Matic group. Attach a plain text file, a CSV or Excel file with the list of your current members (their avatar names, keys or both).
- If your old service has allowed you to manually add avatars, please include a written confirmation in your ticket stating that you haven't been manually adding users without their knowledge or permission.
- We will contact you as soon as we import your users.