There are a few reasons why this might happen:
1. You have taken too long to write your message into your chat box. The controller only listens for 60 seconds for your message, so we suggest you try preparing your message beforehand and paste it into the chat box when asked.
2. A script inside the Controller might have stopped or crashed unexpectedly. That can sometimes happen after Second Life server upgrades or when Second Life is experiencing grid or asset server issues. To correct this, follow these steps:
- Take the Controller back into your inventory and rez it again.
- Right-click it and select Edit from the popup menu.
- Open the Build menu (on the main SL window) and select the "Scripts -> Set Scripts to Running" menu option.
- Open the Build menu again, and select the "Scripts -> Reset Scripts" option this time.
3. Check for any script errors and see this solution for more information.
4. There might be a problem with your subscription. Please check your chat log for any error messages from the server, which should give you a description of the problem. Log in on the website and check your subscription status. If your subscription has expired or your member count is higher than the member limit for your plan, you will need to renew or upgrade your subscription. To renew or upgrade your subscription, teleport to our location in-world and touch one of our ATMs.